Cycling stuff.....some running too.

Monday, November 06, 2006

Fun rides


Got to ride with the fetching Mrs. Williams on Saturday. We took a leisurely ride down the nearly completed trail to Bartow. The final mile was just lime. We were undaunted until we got to an unfinished bridge. We considered climbing across but being in our 40's our better judgement took over and we turned around.
Sharon thinks the bridge won't be completed for 6 months. I, being optimistic, bet her it will be done in less than 6 months. Since all the materials for completion were piled right there I think I will win. We ended up with 41 miles
Rode on Sunday with my brother, Jared. Jared's 28 and WAS in good shape. He's been concentrating on his business and managed to gain some weight and get slow. He'll be back fast. He did some Tri's a couple of years ago and did pretty good. He wants me to race a sprint with him in March. 1k swim, 20k bike and 5k run. I know I can do it, but I want to do it fast. I know I can do about 26 -28 minutes in a 20k bike leg but I don't think 21-24 minutes in a 5k run will win any prizes. And the swim will be about survival. I'm a strong but slow swimmer. I used to be a life guard, got the "mile swim badge" in boy scouts, and once won a water treading contest by treading water for over 3 hours.

1 Comments:

Blogger sharon said...

I sure wish we had more days off together so I could ride with my favorite riding partner. We always have good rides together.

11:08 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home