Cycling stuff.....some running too.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Running and Riding

Went for a run with Sharon one Monday. I actually had a good time and wished I was in better shape. I could have easily gone the whole 3 miles with Sharon but good sense took hold and I only ran 2 and walked 1/4 mile home. In the past I have jumped into running to quickly only to get injured or burn out quickly. I'd like to keep at it long term so I'll add a quarter or a half a mile here or there till I get up to something substantial.

On Tuesday I stayed home from work because of car trouble. I HAD to ride my bike. Guys at the car place have seen me in lycra before. I think they can't imagine me under the car up to my armpits in grease. I got a training ride in though. I also did a 5 minute and a 15 minute time trial to get my baseline numbers with my new power tap. The idea is to put out maximum watts for the time allotted. Power Tap will then generate an average and I can compare that in the future to see how effective my training is.

When I got home I downloaded the data to the software on the computer and the intervals were not there. At work I asked Clay, our resident power tap expert what gives. He explained how to bring up the info on the display unit on the bike. When I got home I promptly erased it instead of bringing up the info I wanted. My time trials were for naught. I love that power tap even though I haven't been riding much. When I do start really cranking it up, I'm sure it will help me maximise my time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home