Cycling stuff.....some running too.

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Saturday Ride N Run

Saturday was the coolest day of the season so far. 45 degrees at my house. My bro Jared came over for the ride. Lucky for him I had got ahold of some cool weather gear for him. Arm warmers, knee warmers, gloves and a wind vest. Didn't find him a polypro undershirt though. That's what I wear for 90% of our winter rides here in Florida. It does get a little cool some mornings. I also have ear warmers and a skull cap. I have some cold weather gear like a balaclava and tights and windproof jacket but only use them once or twice a year. Oh yeah, booties to keep the toes warm. Saturday was a light day though. The problem with dressing for Florida winter rides is it's often 20 or 30 degrees warmer at the end of the ride.

We did Sharon's famous 30 mile loop. Jared commented that he felt great but I made him draft the whole way. A couple of weeks ago he almost collapsed after leaving Chris' house. He could barely make it to his car. He shouldn't have talked smack before the ride and called me an old man. I'm 13 years his senior.

I used the ride as a spinning workout. Over the last few years my spin has gotten slower and slower. I averaged 95rpm. Also averaged 151 watts and 142 heartrate. To average 95 you pretty much have to keep it over 100 most of the time. Every time you coast up to a stop sign or down a hill the zeros get averaaged in. I was happy with my ride.

After dark I went over to run with Sharon. She got her running stuff on and snuck out for a little more than 2 miles. Cool thing about her Timex gps is you can run anywhere and get accurate milage and times. A very cool toy and I'm happy she likes it. The run ended with a 3 flight trudge back up to her laboratory where she did experiments on me. I don't know what amoebic dissentary is but she said drink some of it and I'll grow wings on my feet. If I don't post again you'll know I flew away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home