Cycling stuff.....some running too.

Monday, February 19, 2007


I hate when I whine. I don't usually but I'm entitled once in a while. I haven't posted in a while because I haven't been riding, running or anything. I thought I was done with symptoms from my little viral friend, cmv, but I guess I was wrong. About 3 weeks ago I started feeling run down and tired all the time, again. I was right back where I was 6 months ago. It all finally caught up with me last week and I just had to stop all activity and get lots of rest. The depressing thing about it is my fitness on the bike was right where I wanted it to be for the amount of training I've been able to put in. I did get on the bike for about 40 miles yesterday and am in better spirits today, but I'm ready for bed and it's only 8pm. I hope this isn't what the rest of my life is going to be like, Doc said it's a possibility.

Sharon and I went to a new ice cream joint nearby called Cold Stone Creamery. They make their own ice cream and mix in stuff you want on a cold stone slab. We got a milk shake a while back called a cake-n-shake. I usually go for a chocolate malt but this cake-n-shake in awesome. It is cake batter ice cream with pieces of yellow cake, and icing all mixed together in a shake. Last night I got a hankerin for one but there like $7 and I'm cheap so I went to the grocery at 5 minutes til 9 and gathered up all the ingredients. French vanilla ice cream, yellow cake, and icing. Got home, baked the cake and then mixed in up in the blender. Quite good. I'd say 85% as good as Cold Stone's version. I couldn't find cake batter ice cream,I'm sure that's the other 15%. As a matter of fact I'm going to make one right now.
PS Sharon was complaining that she's not been able to get her weight down to where she wants and it's my fault. She's probably right ;)


Blogger Flo said...

Wow, that's too bad about the cmv. Hope it passes soon. And yes, you're entitled to some whining, but don't get carried away :)

Cold Stone Creamery is evil!! It was invented by the devil!! I'm not sure what it means that you're recreating their stuff. This may not bode well for you :)

6:19 PM

Blogger Ross said...

Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me. I guess I'm beelzebub's little protege in the tasty treat department.

4:51 PM


Post a Comment

<< Home