Cycling stuff.....some running too.

Sunday, January 21, 2007

San An Again

My normal Sunday ride is the group ride either in San Antonio, Florida or Windermere. Both great rides but I have to give the nod to Windermere. It has a hard, very hilly 40 miles then a stop at the store. Out of 120 starters only 15 to 20 usually make it in the front group. The rest short cut the ride and we all meet up at a store. After the store there is a very fast 25 mile run to the finish. Both segments end in a hotly contested sprint. You get steep hills plus a high speed flat segment. You have to be a demigod to win both.

San An ride today was kinda easy. The big finale is up a mile long hill called triple step because.....it has 3 steps with the final ramp the steepest. No attacks there today. It's about 2 miles to the finish line from the top of triple step with a hill in the final mile. It's not steep but it usually weeds out the pure sprinters if there are any remaining after triple step. I moved up with my boys on my wheel to get them into a position to sprint. It was very dangerous with lots of people there that usually aren't because of the tame pace today.

You might be thinking that if it was so tame that I should have done something to spice it up. Well, I've not been back on the bike long enough to put the hurt on such a talented field. When I am I'll let you know.

1 Comments:

Blogger lisa jane said...

You can coach me too Ross,but I'll have you know that I am going to need a pink bike,with training wheels,spokey dokeys,streamers on the handle bars and a basket on the front.seriously.

7:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home