Cycling stuff.....some running too.

Saturday, December 23, 2006

What rain?

It was supposed to rain this morning. It did at about 3am but it was all done by the time the ride started. Did the usual Greco thing. Stayed at the front a lot. A guyhad a flat with about 15 miles to go and 4 of us stopped. The other 12 said they'd ride slow. Yeah, right. When we got going again Simon took a big pull for about 5 minutes. Then it was my turn and I didn't let the pace drop at all. After about 2 minutes the guys started whistling for me to slow down. That made me feel good.

We caught some of the guys who'd turned around and I led Ross Glass up the final hill for he sprint. He got it uncontested. I did almost 500 watts for over a minute. Pretty good considering I haven't done anything but tempo ride since my comeback. My goal for now is to be able to hold 4.5 watts per kilo for a 20 minute time trial. That should put me in good shape to win some races. I'd like to win the state road race championship this year and make a good showing at the national tandem championships with Sharon.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

AHHHHHHH GATORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that thing has one huge head,poor unfortunate gator to be that ugly.

I cant wait for the pool to be reopened,im sure sharks and gators would get stuck in the filter

7:58 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

whats ham hock?you dont mean a piggy foot do you????i sure hope not thats revolting!!!!

8:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home