Cycling stuff.....some running too.

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Back in Lakeland

Did the Lakeland ride today instead of the ride I've been doing in Tampa. The Tampa ride WAS a tempo ride for the last couple of months but that ended today. I've avoided the Lakeland ride because I didn't want to be tempted to ride too fast too soon. I'm about eady to start easing into hard rides so rather than drive to the Saturday ride I rode from my house.

I still rode tempo today but I allowed myself the pleasure of some hard riding. The Lakeland ride has 6 sprints with points for the first 3 places with a champ at the end of the ride. The sprints are hard contested events with the non sprinters attacking and trying to escape the sprinters. There are a couple of points at which the group waits and there is a spot where you can shortcu if you're dropped so it gives everyone a chance.

On the home front, I took my 11 year old to the Apple store to get an IPod. She's been saving since summer and got some gift cards for Christmas so it was quite satisfying for her to finally get was she's been working for. I hope it's all that she dreams it will be. I will say it's pretty cool. With 30 gigabytes of memory it can hold a lot of songs and videos. My oldest daughter has one and she was showing me some videos she downloaded. The video is amazing and of course the sound is great too. I guess I'll have to get one some day when I have an extra $250 hehe. I guess its about 192nd on the list of things I "need".

I put in floors in our bedroom last Saturday while Sharon was at work. She was going to take a weekend off work to help me but I figured I'd rather do something fun with her instead. I had to hustle to get it all done but I finished about 1/2 hour before he got home. Boy, was she pleased and surprised. I still have to trim it out but it looks pretty good. Half the work involved was hauling all the stuff out and back in again. That gave me some aches and pains for a few days. Kinda put a hamper on my running his week but I gotter dun!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss you guys.Im wondering if anyone else had trouble viewing too?I thought I had suddenly been made redundant.

I dont think you guys do want to know my secret.Ive been behaving pretty badly.I like u guys thinking that I am a nice person.

6:09 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh by the way you r the man,I love the way you do jobs around the house :)

6:10 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home