Cycling stuff.....some running too.

Saturday, December 09, 2006

Good Ride

I won't try to get all caught up but I've had some good workouts in the last couple weeks since my last update.

Last night I got home and ran on the treadmill with the fetching Mrs. Williams. Started with 9 minute pace and upped it 1/10th mph every 1/10th of a mile. Ended my 2 1/4 mile run at a 6:40 pace. I know, if you do the math it doesn't actually work but I upped it a full mph a couple of times. My stride actually feels most natural at 7 or 7.5 minute a mile pace but my aerobic system can't take it yet.

Now the real stuff. I rode with the Greco group in Tampa. We did 50 miles. I rode at the front for a total of 1 hour in 3 parts. 212 watts for the first 20 minute pull. 207 watts for the second and 197 for the third. That's 205 watt average for an hour. I was happy with that. I did the whole ride in the 53-11 as a big gear power workout. Heartrate on the front was about 150. I did have more to give but in the shape I'm in I still didn't have the confidence to make it the whole ride at a higher pace. What's hard for one guy is easy for the guy on his wheel. When in the group, not on the front, I was putting out something like 130 watts. The powertap has become my new best training partner. My weight is coming down a little too. I'm right at 160. That's 72.72 kilos for my metric friends. The key to my continued progress is going to be a couple rides during the week so I'll let you know how that works out. The running definitely helps but it's no substitute for riding.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hallo you :)

why the new blog all on your lonesome??? Where did the honey do list go?

8:09 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh yeah i meant to ask you....

what colour underwear are you wearing???

NOPE,that wasnt it.I just wanted to know how you guys get the white border around your pictures???It looks neat.

8:11 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home