Cycling stuff.....some running too.

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Commuting

I get to commute to work during daylight savings time, woohoo. It's a 75 mile round trip so it's not real practical to do it every day but this week has worked out pretty good so far. Monday I rode to work and Sharon picked me up. Her cousin flew in to Tampa and we picked her up. Tuesday I drove in and rode my bike home then rode back in this morning. I was noticing that there are a LOT of traffic lights last night so this morning I counted. You won't believe how many there are. 59! That's almost 2 every mile. That's why I cruize at 22 or 23 mph and only have a 20mph average.

There's a race coming up that I'm probably going to do called Webster/Roubaix. They have a 15 kilometer loop with 3 k of narrow winding dirt roads. Sounds pretty cool to me. I don't think I'm up to the 180k Pro race so I will do the 120k masters race. Wish me luck.

2 Comments:

Blogger BuckeyeRunner said...

That is a great workout commute.

Very green...way cool

7:39 PM

 
Blogger Flo said...

How nice to be able to ride your bike to work. I wish I could do that, but there's a decent sized mountain between me and work. At this point I couldn't make it.

12:41 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home