Cycling stuff.....some running too.

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Who needs shoes?

I had planned on riding to the group ride to get some real miles in today but....my daughter had to be at her school for a play, "You're a good man Charlie Brown" in you must know. Soooo I had to cut the riding short to be back in time for her. So I drove the 8 miles(13 k) to the ride. I got there with 10 minutes to spare. Put on my arm warmers, knee warmers, wind vest, gloves, ear warmers, sunglasses, got my bike out, pumped the tires chatted with my brother and my buddy Bruce. Hid my keys and sat down to put on my shoes and no shoes. 2nd time in 26 years of driving to rides. I deserved it too because I had just bragged to my brother that I'd only ever done it once. So I arranged for the guys, and gal to ride in my direction and I'd speed hoe and meet them. That's what happened but I lost my gloves and had to sarch the car for em. I had lectured my little brother about how to set every thing out and pack the car the night before so you don't forget anything. Even make a check list if you are forgetful. What a dummy I am.

The ride was uneventful but I felt very good especially considering the hard Saturday ride. I ended up with about 40 miles(66k). I did about 40 minutes at 200 watts. I had planned on 70 miles(116k) life sometimes gets in the way of training.

I made a yummy soup of pink pintos with green bell pepper, garlic, and onion and ham and a hamhock for porkity yummiosity. Served it to myself on white rice and washed it down with cranberry juice and a diet pepsi.














Pot on the top is the beans and ham hock and the pan on the bottom is the veggies and ham before I mixed em all together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home