Cycling stuff.....some running too.

Friday, December 15, 2006

Run--Ride--Run

So much stuff to do. Never a minute to relax. Wednesday Sharon and I took a little run after work. About 3 miles, no exactly 3 miles according to her bodylink gps. We ran a combination of two loops that gave us right at 3 miles. I like having known routes with known milage. I still don't really enjoy running yet. I know from experiance that once I get to about 5 or 6 miles I'll start to like it. When you can run about 45 minutes to an hour, it seems like you can run forever and still want more.

Got up early Thursday morning and rode on the tandem with Sharon. I wanted to ride fairly hard and she had just ridden 70 miles and I didn't want to kill the ole gal so the tandem was perfect for that. We only did like 21 miles but it's more than I have been getting during the week. I could ride the trainer, I know, but even with a nice trainer it's not that fun.

Got up early again this morning and ran the same 3 mile route as the other night. This time Sharo brought a little light for the dark path around the lake so we didn't step on any gators. I'm really not kidding about that. Not so much in the winter as in the summer. Nothing worse than tripping over a gator in the dark and waking him from a peaceful nap on the warm pavement.

Plans for tomorrow are to do the Greco tempo ride again and hopefully my bro will be able to make it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home